All interested individuals are invited to an organizational meeting to discuss the Basic Science Section initiatives in The Obesity Society. The goal of this section is to foster interactions amongst scientists of common interests and to promote the needs of basic scientists in The Obesity Society. Scientists with interests in metabolism, neuroscience, genetics, immunology, and molecular mechanisms and other related areas are welcome to attend. We will be discussing suggestions for new basic science initiatives for 2015-2016.
The meeting will include the following:
• A keynote speaker, Dr. Samuel Klein will deliver a lecture.
• 10 poster presentations from the abstract award winners of the Basic Science Section Poster Competition
• Identify junior investigators and introduce them to senior investigators.
• Summarize funding opportunities for Basic Scientists that study obesity.
• Provide a rare opportunity for busy professionals to interact and potentially initiate collaborations.
• The Coca-Cola Company
• United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)