Course Overview and Target Audience
This course is designed for practicing bariatric surgeons and surgeons new to the field who are involved in the treatment of obesity and metabolic disorders. It will cover basic and advanced flexible endoscopy as it plays an integral role in the management of the bariatric complications.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate basic balloon dilatation for strictures after gastric bypass.
- Utilize multiple modalities of hemostasis including balloon dilatation, endoscopic clipping and injection therapy.
- Discuss endoscopic stenting.
- Explain endoscopic Septotomy.
- Identify the RFA treatment modalities for GERD and Barrett’s esophagus.
- Demonstrate intragastric balloon placement and removal.
Hemostasis (clips and injection therapy, thermal ablation, balloon dilation); RFA for GERD (Stretta); Intragastric balloon; Stenting; Septotomy; Endoscopic suturing; RFA for Barrett’s Esophagus