This course is designed for both surgeons and integrated health professionals.
Course Overview and Target Audience
This course is designed to address the nuances of bariatric practice building. We intend to focus on practical strategies for introducing multidisciplinary providers such as bariatricians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, exercise physiologists and psychologists. Finally, the course addresses some non-surgical revenue streams for the bariatric practice. This course is intended for surgeons and allied health providers seeking guidance on building, growing and managing a successful and effective bariatric surgery practice.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe strategies to incorporate medical weight loss into a bariatric surgery practice.
- Manage ways to improve quality and productivity by incorporating integrative health providers into a bariatric surgery practice.
- Evaluate standard and innovative approaches to marketing a bariatric surgery practice.
- Discuss coding for medical and surgical weight loss modalities.
- Recognize non-surgical revenue streams for the bariatric practice.