All posters will be displayed in the Exhibit Hall in the Los Angeles Convention Center, Wednesday, November 4, through Friday, November 6.
TOS Poster Presentation Dates & Times
This year, TOS posters will each display a custom QR code allowing you to access a PowerPoint deck and/or audio recording from the author explaining the research. Instructions for scanning a QR code on your smart phone will be posted in the Exhibit Hall.
- Wednesday, Nov. 4: 11:45am – 1:30pm PT
- Thursday, Nov. 5: 6:00pm – 7:30pm PT
- Friday, Nov. 6: 12:00pm – 1:30pm PT
ASMBS Poster Presentation Dates & Times
- Wednesday, Nov. 4: 9:30am – 10:15am, 12:00pm – 1:30pm, and 3:30pm – 4:15pm
- Thursday, Nov. 5: 9:45am-10:30am, 12:00pm – 1:30pm, and 3:00pm – 3:45pm
- Friday, Nov. 6: 10:15am – 11:00am, 12:00pm – 1:30pm, and 3:00pm – 3:45pm
ASMBS Posters of Distinction
Presented in the Poster Theater in the Exhibit Hall
- Wednesday, Nov. 4: 12:15pm – 1:15pm
- Thursday, Nov. 5: 12:15pm – 1:15pm
Set-Up & Tear-Down Instructions
- Access to the Exhibit Hall for poster set-up will be available from 8:00am-5:00pm, Tuesday, 11/3, and 6:00am-8:00am, Wednesday, 11/4, through Hall K.
- Posters are required to be in place by the first break on Wednesday morning, 11/4, at 9:30am.
- Posters tear-down hours are Friday, 11/6, between 1:30pm and 3:30pm.
- Posters are NOT to be removed prior to 1:30pm.
- Any posters NOT removed by 3:30pm will be discarded.
Rules for Presentation
There are official Poster and Oral presentation times for The Obesity Society. Please make sure that you are in the exhibit hall by your poster or in the session room for your oral presentation at your scheduled time. If you have any questions please contact Akshar Patel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no required times for ASMBS official poster presentations; however, poster presenters are encouraged to stand by your poster during the breaks and lunches to be able to discuss your poster with attendees.
If you have accepted this invitation and then do not display your poster, both the poster presenter and first author will be disqualified from presenting at ASMBS for one year.
Poster Size Requirements
- Poster sizes may be up to, but are not to exceed, 8-feet-wide by 4-feet-high. An 8’-wide x 4’-high cork display board will be available for mounting posters.
- The poster does not have to fill the entire surface; however, it should not be any larger than the surface.
- Thumb tacks will be provided.
- Posters must be free of commercial bias: (1) All treatment/management recommendations must be based on strongest levels of evidence available; (2) Presentations must give a balanced view of therapeutic options. Use of generic names will contribute to this impartiality. If the CME educational material or content includes trade names, trade names from several companies, where available, should be used, not just trade names from a single company.
- Do not use corporate brand names or organizational logos on your poster.
- For compliance with HIPAA Privacy Rule, all information that could potentially be used to identify a patient must NOT be included in the presentation/poster.
- Posters must not contain any offensive comments or images (i.e., vulgarities, obscenities, etc.).
Poster Printing Service
As a benefit to abstract authors, ObesityWeek is pleased to offer the Call4Posters® poster-printing service and we recommend all poster authors use this to their benefit. With Call4Posters®, you can have your poster professionally printed, reviewed and shipped directly to the poster hall in Los Angeles. Enjoy the convenience of onsite pick-up without the hassle of traveling with your poster. Find out more and get started here.