This course is designed for both surgeons and integrated health professionals.
Course Overview and Target Audience
This course provides an overview of how to develop interesting research questions within the field of bariatric surgery, develop appropriately designed studies, obtain funding, and publish study findings. It will be of interest to surgeons, bariatric surgical fellows, primary clinicians, and integrated health professionals seeking to improve their research knowledge, skills, and grant application or manuscript acceptance rate.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- List important topics of research in bariatrics and perform a thorough literature review.
- Assess an appropriate study design with adequate statistical power for a research question of interest.
- Identify appropriate research collaborators and funding sources.
- Discuss the process for writing up study findings as an abstract.
- Summarize what it takes to publish your study findings as a manuscript.